Friday, April 8, 2011

Recipe: Simple Salad Dressing

Today I was at our local Farmer's Market and they had fresh salad greens, cucumbers and radishes! It is so exciting to see the first of the spring produce arriving. After a winter of eating heavy stews and soups, I feel like eating foods that are light and crisp and fresh!

This simple salad dressing is a staple in our house - I make up a batch every other week or so. This recipe comes from a little cookbook produced by the Station Arts Tea House in Rosthern, Saskatchewan - a little gem of a lunch spot.

Stop by your local Farmer's Market this weekend to see what fresh produce you can toss this dressing on!


Simple Salad Dressing
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard or 1 tsp dijon
1 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup unrefined extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup flax oil (or more olive oil)

Mix the first six ingredients in a class jar. With a hand blender, slowly add the oil. Pour over a fresh green salad or cooked warm vegetables. Toss the salad, pour the dressing and enjoy!

Linked to Feed Me Tweet Me, Another Meatless Monday, My Meatless Monday.

2 comments:

Marelie said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful Salad Dressing.I really need it these days.I am your newest follower.I write about Filipino Food.Hope you could come over to my place.
http://www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com/2011/07/my-hot-taco-salad.html

Winelady Cooks said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home. I love this simple salad dressing. Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm enjoying your blog and am now following you to keep up with your thoughts, etc.

Please stop by when you have a chance at http://wineladycooks.blogspot.com