Saturday, April 16, 2011

Recipe: Blackberry Basil Salad Dressing

This recipe comes from the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company in Canmore, AB. My husband and I love this restaurant, so much in fact, that we chose to hold our wedding reception there. The restaurant sources their ingredients locally and honors local heroes for the work they do in giving back to the community. They also make gluten-free pizzas out of a cob oven, which is very cool.

This dressing is a big hit with our son. We like anything that encourages his liking of greens. If you freeze blackberries when they are in season this summer, you can make this recipe all year long.


Blackberry Basil Salad Dressing
 1 clove garlic
2/3 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
2 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tblsp honey
1/2 tsp dried basil
sea salt & pepper to taste

Add all ingredients to a jar and blend with an immersion blender. Toss over whatever salad ingredients happen to be in season.

Linked to World Food Thursday, Made it on Monday, Meatless Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, My Meatless Monday, MMMM, Mangia Monday, Monday Mania, Hearth & Soul, Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday#2, Made from Scratch Tuesday, Delectable Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, WFMW, Gluten Free Wednesday, What's Working Wednesday, Foodie Wednesday, Whisking Wednesday, Healthy 2Day, Recipes I Can't Wait to Try, Cast Party Wednesday, Real Food Weekly, Frugal Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, It's a Keeper, Simple Lives Thursday, Recipe Swap, Pennywise Platter, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Friday's Unfolded, Food Trip Friday, Fun with Food, Fatcamp Friday, Foodie Friday, Friday Favorites, Friday Potluck, Foodie Friday, Tweet Me, Sugar Free Sunday

19 comments:

Em and Lib said...

I love this! and actually have blackberries and basil in season right now... cannot wait to try it..
Blessings!
LIB
http://bit.ly/jN9xjw

cheartstrings said...

This just looks fantastic. What a great combination of flavors.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a great recipe Thanks for sharing. Love your blog header. Beautiful space you got here.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

MM said...

Hi! Saw this on Delectable Tuesday.
Looks great! I like making my own dressings and am always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing!

shopannies said...

sounds like a fresh delicious recipe

Tyler and Kathryn said...

What a fantastic way to eat a salad! I can't wait to make this!

Lark (SparkyLarky) said...

Thank you so much for linking up again to Made it on Monday! :)

And with perfect timing....I just went Blackberry picking!

Miranda said...

I have never used blackberries in a dressing before and the flavors that are combined with it look delicious. Going to try this one for sure. Anything that is a hit with kids is a hit in my book!

Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday, enjoy your weekend and see you next time! http://bit.ly/mTxy7l

KB said...

Looks delish. We'd love you to share your recipe with us at
Simply Delish.

JudyBug said...

Will have to try this! I adore blackberries and I really need to add Basil to my herb garden!

girlichef said...

This sounds great...I've been experimenting with making dressings and vinaigrettes with fruit this summer and this one fits right in...makes me want a salad!

Miz Helen said...

We have been gathering black berries from our bushes everyday. This is a perfect dressing for us to try. I can't wait, it looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and sure hope to see you again real soon!
Miz Helen

The 21st Century Housewife© said...

This sounds like such a wonderful dressing, and I love that you can make it all year round. The blackberry basil combination is making my mouth water just thinking about it! Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul blog hop and with Feed Me Tweet Me!

Lark (SparkyLarky) said...

Psst...Guess who made my TOP 3 Picks this week on "Made it on Monday"?......YOU! :)

*It will be posted tomorrow!*

Cheerful said...

looks really perfect dressing, m family would love it but i wish blackberries here are not that expensive! :) visiting you from FTF, have a great week. :)

Rachel said...

We actually have some blueberries in our fridge right now, so what better time to try this recipe! Thanks for adding this post to Healthy 2day Wednesdays! Hope to see you this week!

ladybehindthecurtain.com said...

Hi, I wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday last week. I would love it if came back tomorrow and shared more of your recipes with me.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

Ms Bibi said...

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful salad dressing @ Foodie Wednesday.

I just bought some blackberries and going to try it this week.

Azeem said...

Wonderful recipe - will try it tonight. Any tips on storage?